Ellen A. Shapiro, a partner of the firm, boasts an extensive career spanning over 25 years, primarily focused on condominium and community association law.
Her journey in law began as a prosecutor in the Norfolk County District Attorney’s office, laying the foundation for her legal expertise.
At the firm, Ellen leads the Condominium Collection Team, a testament to her seasoned experience, on behalf of community associations. Her comprehensive understanding of the intricacies surrounding these associations has made her a pivotal figure in addressing pertinent issues affecting them.
Certified in Mediation and Condominium Dispute Resolution by the New England Chapter of Community Associations Institute (CAINE), Ellen is not just a practitioner but an influential figure in the field. She actively contributes to the legal community as a frequent speaker, moderator, and author for CAINE. Ellen’s expertise extends beyond regional boundaries, having presented at CAI National law seminars on a diverse array of subjects, ranging from managing challenging personalities to adapting to the evolving landscape of community association law.
Recognized for her exceptional contributions, Ellen was admitted to the esteemed Community College of Association Lawyers in 2019, a testament to her outstanding dedication and proficiency in the field. Her commitment to excellence and her tireless advocacy for community associations mark her as a true leader in condominium and community association law.
- J.D., cum laude, Suffolk University School of Law
- B.S. Boston University
- Elected to CAI’s Business Partners Council (two-year term)
- Member of CAINE’s Board of Directors (two terms)
- Member of Condo Media Board of Directors
- Member of the Real Estate Bar Association (REBA)
- Past co-chair of CAINE’s Attorney’s Committee
- Past president of Condo Media Board of Directors, 2007
- Past president of CAINE, 2006
- Former chair of CAINE Bylaws Task Force, 2005
- CAI National Award for Excellence in Government and Public Affairs 2017
- CAINE Hall of Fame Award, 2008
- CAINE Attorney of the Year, 1998