Ellen A. Shapiro, a partner of the firm, has over 25 years of experience in condominium and community association law.
A former prosecutor for the Norfolk County District Attorney’s office, Shapiro is a key member of the firm’s Massachusetts lien enforcement department, which brings her to almost all the state courts on a routine basis as well as various governmental agencies for issues impacting community associations. Shapiro, who is certified in Mediation and Condominium Dispute Resolution for the New England Chapter of Community Associations Institute (CAINE), is a frequent speaker, moderator, and author for CAINE. She has also presented at the CAI National law seminars on subjects as diverse as dealing with “difficult” people to the changing nature of the practice of community association law. Shapiro was admitted to the prestigious Community College of Association Lawyers in 2019.
- J.D., cum laude, Suffolk University School of Law
- B.S. Boston University
- Elected to CAI’s Business Partners Council (two-year term)
- Member of CAINE’s Board of Directors (two terms)
- Member of Condo Media Board of Directors
- Member of the Real Estate Bar Association (REBA)
- Past co-chair of CAINE’s Attorney’s Committee
- Past president of Condo Media Board of Directors, 2007
- Past president of CAINE, 2006
- Former chair of CAINE Bylaws Task Force, 2005
- CAI National Award for Excellence in Government and Public Affairs 2017
- CAINE Hall of Fame Award, 2008
- CAINE Attorney of the Year, 1998